Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Gramps So Great...


This is just a small tribute to a great man in my life.

11:15 p.m. last night.

Gramps wrote the last sentence of his life.

Dotted his "i"s.
Crossed his "t"s.

Ended with a period.

The End.


He told me 2 hours before he was gone... Bye Cath. I kissed him and rubbed his hair.


How much I love him, I hope he knew. I'm sure he did.


So here's to you Gramps, my biggest fan, my favorite Christmas day partner in crime, my egg mcmuffin bringer, my drive-thru car wash hero, my swimming instructor, my great "philosopher" and teacher... the list goes on and on.


I love you. I miss you. I'll always remember the lessons you've taught me. I carry your legacy.


Forever.


Peter Raymond Bingley
December 23, 1928 - August 29, 2008



Gramps's Girl.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Awww, I'm all choked up from your beautiful tribute to your wonderful Grandpa. He sounds like a wonderful man who was everything a grandpa should be! That he left a lasting legacy is wonderful!

Prayers for the comfort of your family at this difficult time. ((hugs))

Jenster said...

Very sweet. And Becky said all the stuff I was thinking - including the prayers for you all.

Aune's Adventures said...

Cat, what a beautiful tribute to your grandpa! I wish I was close to my grandpa like that. You're blessed! Love, you! Vonnie