Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How I Survived Monday




Yesterday was Monday.


Enough said.


Usually Mondays are hard, just because I am more tired than usual and envisioning the long week ahead. But yesterday? Yesterday was another type of Monday all together.

First off, I was the normal amount if not more tired than usual. When I got to work, I found out that someone I had recommended for a position at our office quit without telling a soul, including me... leaving us with the mess of trying to figure their work out... that in itself gave my blood a good boiling level. OH! And my computer had decided that the hard drive was too old and too tired to keep working, so that was off for repairs, leaving me at a strange desk, with a strange computer lacking many vital programs that I needed to get my work done.

Whew... that was all before lunch.

Finally a break!

Or so I thought.

I got in my car to get Mrs. Bingley and I some lunch at Taco Bell and as I waited for the traffic to clear so I could turn right onto the main street I looked this way and that and then decided it was clear enough to go. WHAP!! In a split second, I turned my head, hit the accelerator, saw an elderly man in front of my car, slammed on my brakes, screamed out a feeble scream that no one heard and barely missed hitting this guy by mere inches, if not less.

He was dressed in a white undershirt and some old tattered jeans. He shoved the hood of my car with both hands, screaming and hollering at me. Then he ran over to my window (I was on the verge of rolling my window down to apologize and instead quickly checked the locks to make sure my door was locked!) and started yelling at me calling me terrible names that I can not write on my blog. I just stared at him until he turned his back and strutted across the street, spring in step. Whew, I'm glad he got that off his chest at least! ha ha ha!

I was visibly shaking and close to tears heading toward Taco Bell thinking... only bad things could happen today. I felt horrible.

Sure enough, my boss picked up my computer from repairs only to tell me that they could not save the hard drive and that everything had been erased. All I could think about was my extensive music collection that I had on that computer and the amount of time and work it took to get it all.

Finally, good news came toward the end of my day. I finally had my computer back and turned on. I sat down at my desk expecting the worse. Lo and behold, all my files, all my programs, all my memory, it was all there! Thank you Jesus!!!!!! A rainbow at the end of the day!

I went home to my Easter basket (actually it was a cute patent leather orange purse full of fun goodies) and devoured TOO much chocolate and tried to ride out the evening, hoping that the Monday storm had passed.

I survived.

So Happy Tuesday everyone! We are Survivors!!!

Queenie Cat

3 comments:

Becky said...

Loved that Rainbow at the end of your day! Guess you made it through the day with flying colors, huh?

The Daily Bee said...

Ooooh! That was a baaaaad Monday. Bad. But Tuesday was so much better... and today... well we'll see. (Am I optimistic or what!)

The Daily Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.