Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!












I love St. Patrick's Day!

It's always been a big holiday in our family, as we are 1/2 Irish on my dad's side of the family. My Great- Grandmother is Irish, her maiden name was Carrig.


I love the traditions and colors and music and folklore that Ireland has to offer and hope one day to be able to visit there myself, like several of my family have already done.


This past Christmas, I purchased a VERY SMALL
plot of Irish countryside for my Gramps as his gift.
It's one of those gifts that you give someone who has
absolutely EVERYTHING!


It was so cool. The package I received came with
the land deed, a certificate of ownership, photos
of the land and a map on how to get there. Needless
to say, the leprechaun in my Gramps came to life on
Christmas morning! ha ha ha.


Seriously, I remember at annual Christmas parties
my gramps would have a wee bit o' drink and
immediately get an irish brogue. As a kid, I thought
it was hilarious and wanted to sit and talk to him all
night long!


Any hoo... Happy St. Patty's Day... may the road,
the sun, the sky and everything else rise as it should!


Q.C.

1 comment:

The Daily Bee said...

I had forgotten about that! The land and Gramps Irish Brouge, lol!

Happy Belated St. Patty's Day!