Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust




This news came to me via an instant message from my cousin. Very sad. Several of Heath's films I found to be very enjoyable, he had a dynamic screen presence and that oh so adorable smile and beautiful eyes. Tragic.


The speculation was first drug related and now is suicide.


I can't even imagine.


How you do you get to the point where you have nothing to live for? Where you have no regard for the people who love and care about you and you feel trapped and alone? Is it psychological? Is it environmental? Is it circumstance or self inflicted? It is action or reaction? Either to be weak or desperate or devoid of life within your life to take you over that edge of reason.... it's pitiful, cowardly and even more tragically - Preventable.


Heath has a 2 year old daughter who will suffer greatly for his actions. The sins of the father visiting through the third generation and so on... the laws of God prevail. Poor child. Thank God for mercy and grace, I hope she reaches for out it at some point in her life.


No man is an island.


I love the message in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". Every choice we make, effects those around us, either directly or indirectly. Wow, that makes me cringe when I take a look at my actions. My imperfections and bad choices alters and/or effects the course of my loved ones lives and beyond.


So, although Heath may have felt that to take his life was the best course of action or he carelessly handled his life and accidentally ended it, there will be many who will live out the repercussions of his death.


Hollywood's latest victim ladies and gentleman. A victim of the pressure the industry brings. Fame, Power, Money..... loneliness, fatigue, greed.


Was it worth it in the end? I think not.


So long Heath Ledger, maybe the end of your life will be the wake up call that helps another life start living.


The Queen.

3 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Very sad. I can see how someone can get to that point. It's from the decisions they make, people that surround them...

Again, very sad.

Becky said...

That was indeed very tragic and sad. I especially mourn for his daughter, who will never really know her daddy (except what was in his movies).

Goes to show that money can't buy happiness.

Queen Catherella said...

That is so true Becky... I was watching a special on Forbes top 10 Billionaire heiress' and I think it was John Paul Getty's granddaughter (their family's net worth is around 31 billion... i think)who said that she can testify to the fact that money truly does not buy happiness.... so we can take it from someone who truly knows what it's like to have eveything you could possibly buy, yet acknowledge that there are things that can't be bought or sold to the highest bidder....

great food for thought!