Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Elephant in the Room....



I normally don't blog about particular people in my life.

And believe me, there are many people who are as important to me as breathing. I just can't exist without them.

But after much bugging, I feel the elephant in the room won't go away, until I do. (I know he's one of my newest blog readers and it doesn't hurt to give his large ego a bit more of a boost... ha ha ha!... or does it?) I've threatened several times to write about him and I guess now the time has come... ha ha ha

So who is this person?

His name is Joel.

I've known Joel since I was a wee babe of 19 years old, however it wasn't until I was 21 that we actually became friends. He was older, wiser and someone I didn't think I'd actually find common ground with. I was a kid searching for my life's purpose and he had a career, a mortgage and a 10 year plan.

(He sounds so old doesn't he?)
(Don't worry Joel, I won't give your elderly age away!)

If I believed in accidents, I'd say we became friends accidentally, thrown together on a Magic Mountain trip one warm September day. However, I know better than that and I know that God blessed me with a friend for life that day.

So for the past 11 plus years, we've shared ups and downs, absences and reunions, laughs and tears. And a little craziness thrown in for kicks and giggles.
(it would seriously take a book to recall all we've gone through!)

The most important thing about Joel for me is that I trust him completely and I know that his advice and criticisms are always in my best interest. He's usually the first person I call when I'm feeling a bit blue. I only hope I can be half the friend to him that he's been to me.

Joel is a man of integrity, honesty and values and I am blessed and proud to call him my friend.

So Joel, here's to you, my friend, whom I love so very much... and here's to 30 or more great years ahead of us! (that is, until your mind goes and you don't even remember your own name, let alone mine! ha ha ha!)


My wish to you - Blogger World, is that you have or find someone like this in your life.... and when you do, hang on for ride!



~The Queen~

7 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Okay, this has to be one of your best post. So sweet and hilarious!

And a little craziness thrown in for kicks and giggles

You must supply the giggles and Joel supplies the kicks!!! I couldn't resist!

and here's to 30 or more great years ahead of us! (that is, until your mind goes and you don't even remember your own name, let alone mine! ha ha ha!)

OMW!!!! This wont happen as long as Joel renews his ginkgo biloba prescription that he used to swear by.

Queen Catherella said...

Seriously Deb, if Joel says I have the memory of an elephant, he has a the kick of an old gray mule! ha ha ha!

Ginko Biloba...!!!!!

funny stuff!

Q.C.

Purely Sony said...

AWWW...such a sweet post and funny too. I must agree with Deb, definitely one of your best post.

It is so weird that I have never hung out with Joel, I feel like I'v known him all my life...haha!

BTW and if you are reading this Joel, we should definitely all hang out some time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well Queen Castle, I am humbled with your kind words and have to agree it is all true..haha, just kidding. Well no I am not. It has been a ride these past several years and a great ride I must say. I think you are awesome and you have a multitude of talent which will propel you to reach the unattainable. I just hope I get to see it since I am so old. I am privelaged to call you friend!

Queen Catherella said...

Well Anonymous ... to take a page from the Carly Simon songbook... "You're so vain, you probably think this BLOG is about you... You're soooo vain... ha ha ha!!!! No, seriously Joel, it's all true... now go deflate that big head of yours!

The Daily Bee said...

LOL!!!

Becky said...

Those were all very nice things to say about your friend Joel.

And I LOVE that photo!