Friday, February 01, 2008

Leap Year




Happy February 1st.

It's that leap time of the year. Ha ha ha. What better time than now to leap into something that you've been standing at the edge of? A little incentive to give you that final push. Even time is suggesting for us to "leap". And this opportunity only comes once every 4 years.



Leaping takes decisiveness. yikes. I am the worst when it comes to making a quick decision. I hate picking the restaurant we are going to eat at. I hate trying to decide on what kind of body wash to buy at the store. Give me more than 2 options and I'll stare blankly at them for a good 5 minutes, calculating all the pros and cons of each product.



Sure, I can make a decision after much pondering and calculated thought, but leaping? No, that is definitely not my strong suit.


My mother loves frogs. When I say love, I mean love. No, not the real, slimy, sit on big lily pads, disect in junior high things.... but figurines and on stationary, candleholder, windchime frogs. Ha ha ha. you know what I mean. She has some really cute stuff and I always marvelled at the fact that she picked the frog to love.


But now that I think about it, she may be even wiser than I thought. Loving a frog gives you the outlook of moving forward and leaping out into the unknown. Sometimes we need to leap before we look. Isn't that what faith is all about?



So what are we waiting for? Whether it's job related, personal, financial, spiritual, emotional. We are all standing at the edge of something, maybe even sticking a big toe out every once in a while to test the waters, so to speak.



I want to leap.
I want to forget all danger and risks.
I want to disregard critizism and naysayers.
I want to focus on Christ in me, not on my own abilities.
I want to be free.



Care to join me?


















Matthew 6:33-34
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Food for thought!
The Queen

2 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

I want to focus on Christ in me, not on my own abilities.

I love this. Great post.

Nana's Thoughts said...

I loved this post. I love frogs, and I still have frogs from before you were born. I was thinking that our faith is like frogs. The more faith we have the bigger the leaps we take believing that there is a lillypad right where we are going to land. Sometimes we only leap as far as we can see, but it takes faith to take those bigger leaps having faith that there is a lillypad there. I was to take those big leaps for God too. Thanks for provoking me to expand my faith.