Saturday, June 21, 2008

365 Days of Missing You

Today is 1 year.

Grandma ran Streets of Gold

Stubborn. She waited until the wee hours of the morning (her normal cleaning, relaxing, reading, embroidering, washing time) 2 am. She whispered goodbye.

No pain, no stress. no worries.

I miss her. I can't believe she's not a phone call away. Every time I hear juicy gossip, I think, Oh my word, wait until Grandma hears about this... Ha ha ha... I loved seeing her reactions. Well, now I play it in my head. Remembering how she would suck in her breath, raise her eyebrows and widen her eyes. Classic. I loved it. I cherished it. I wish I could see it one more time.

Interesting how time moves on. Today, ironically, one of her grandsons (Bruce Geoffrey Hanlon) is having a baby shower. For his unborn son, soon to enter the world. So her family will be together again today, celebrating life.

Thanks in part to her, we have a wonderful life to celebrate.


Missing you Grandma Chevy. I love you. Can't wait to see you again!


Genevieve Chavarria
January 3, 1927 - June 21, 2007


Much love,
Your Granddaughter...
Catherine Elizabeth


The Queen

1 comment:

Becky said...

She sounds like a wonderful grandma. That's great you could all be together celebrating a new life.