Friday, July 04, 2008

F.R.E.E.D.O.M.

We the people.... Four Score and Seven Years Ago... I Have A Dream....The United States Stands At This Time On The Pinnacle Of World Power.....We Have Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself...Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You.....

So many famous speeches, declarations, proclamations and sermons... reminding us of the favor we have with God as a Christian Nation. God gave us freedom... freedom to live, to serve Him, to serve others, to reach our potential.

I am so thankful today to be an American. What a privilege. What an honor. Standing on the giants of past battles, past truimphs, past victories, I can hold my head up high and know that although freedom is not free or cheap, it is paid, in full, for me.

Ultimately, the thing I celebrate today is the freedom I have found through the cross. Blood bought, my debt has been paid. No IOU's. Paid for eternity. My personal Independence Day is August 6, 1987... the day God filled me with His Spirit and set me free from myself, the enemy and the world.

I feel so sentimental today thinking of what Independence truly means... and I am thankful...

Thankful to be an American
Thankful to be a Christian
Thankful to be me.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

the Queen

1 comment:

Becky said...

Proud to be an American...thankful to the Lord for the Blessing!

Happy 4th!~