Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Milestones

Today, June 11th is an anniversary of several occasions.
So starting with the most recent milestone would be my brother's highschool graduation. Peter graduated on June 11, 1999. Nine looooooong years ago. ha ha ha. When I reminded him this morning, he said it actually felt more lik 4 years. Well, much has happened to him since his cap and gown days. He is now a licensed minister with the United Pentecostal Church International organization and married to Sonia Orozco (Bingley). Not bad for someone who still acts like an 18 year old sometimes.... ha ha ha!


Case in Point -


Our second milestone today is my highschool graduation. I graduated on June 11, 1993. Fifteen years ago. Contrary to my brother, my time feels much longer than 15 years. I feel like it was a lifetime ago. Not just because of the time that has passed, but because of how I've evolved so much in that time. I am definitely not the same person I was when I was 17. I was shy and backwards and very inhibited. People who know me now think I am lying or exaggerating. Well, I've got witnesses... ha ha ha! I am proud of the accomplishments I've made thus far, but plan on bigger and better things for the future. Hey, I'm still young! Don't let the gray hair fool ya!

Alright. Now on to the last and biggest milestone of the day.

Today is my paternal grandparents 59th wedding anniversary! My Gramps and Grams Bingley were married on June 11, 1949. After a seriously short whirlwind of a romance. I believe they dated 6 weeks and then tied the knot! Love at first sight anyone?


And here we are 59 years later.


I know these years haven't been without their ups and downs, life has a way of throwing many curveballs your way. What doesn't kill you.... But all in all, they managed to make it through. Their 59 year union has produced 4 wonderful children (2 boys (the oldest is my dad) and 2 girls), 12 grandchildren, and recently their first great-grandchild. (Baby Hannah!) The family they have built is an amazing, talented, accomplished, caring group of people whom I'm so proud to be a part of.

So Grams and Gramps, Happy Anniversary! And thank you for giving me the best family and the best father. I love my Bingley heritage and wouldn't trade it for anything! Thank you for teaching me and loving me and giving me life lessons as I've grown up... I love you both and wish you the best day ever. (Gramps, so sorry that you had to spend this day in a dumb hospital bed! On second thought, did you get admitted just to have some relaxation and rest from all of us? ha ha ha! Very clever! woooow...)


Me with my Gramps and Grams

(both pictures were taken at my Grams's 76 birthday party in January.)


I hope that I can look back at a gigantic milestone and see the amazing things I've done.... (I think a 59 year marriage is about out of the question for me... considering if I married tomorrow I'd be 91 years old!) Whatever they may be, I want to follow your example of stick-to-itness!



Much Love to you both, congrats to my little brother Peter and Yay Me!!!



Queen Catherella


3 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Wow, full day!

I can't believe it's been 15 years since you graduated from high school... crazy.

Becky said...

I LOVE that picture of your brother, lol!

Your grandparents don't look old enough to have been married that long! That's great though...59 years. That's not often heard of in this day and age!

Purely Sony said...

That is so cool! All these special events all on June 11th! I still can’t believe that you graduated 15 years ago…

I love that picture of Peter, he is so funny!

Happy Anniversary to Gramps and Grams! :-)