Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Emotion - Friend or Foe?

Have you ever met Emotion? Allow me to introduce you....

Emotion is your friend when you hear good news, watch the winning shot your team makes at the NBA Finals, see your best friend get married, hear a baby's first cry, receive a marriage proposal or share your testimony with someone who is down and out. Even when you mourn the loss of a loved one, Emotion sticks by you coupled with Memory and Comfort.

Then Emotion takes a hypocritical turn, becoming your foe, refusing to let you to see a situation clearly. It takes front seat in a heated argument, holds you back when facing fear, overcomes you at the worse possible moments, or becomes MIA when you need it the most. ("if I can just get one tear... just one....! arghhhh!")

Ironic that I would ever feel that way, because I cry very easily, for the absolute stupidest things. I hate it, because it always alters the impact, meaning or true emotion of whatever it is that I am saying, doing or trying to convey.

Emotion has not always been kind to me.

Sometimes even leaving me out in the rain... but I've learned one thing.

Emotion is not my master.
Emotion is my subject.
I have the power to control, alter and command Emotion to obey me.
Now I just need to convince my brain (and Emotion) of that truth. Ugh. We are complex creatures aren't we?....

I need to strengthen the "muscle" that moves and stops Emotion a little bit more.

As of now... I fail miserably.

So for every emotional uprising, forgive me and remember... Mercy given... Mercy received.


FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

the q

3 comments:

Jenster said...

What a beautiful post. It touched me and my Emotion. :o)

The Daily Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Catherella said...

Jenster,
Ha ha ha! Emotion drove me to post it.. ha ha ha.

Deb,
I thought so too.