Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Wish Lists

Every year, the whole family submits their Christmas wish list for gift consideration. We usually start talking about it in September, but don't actually jot them down until after Thanksgiving. It's fun to see what everyone puts on their lists, because of course, we throw in that kooky wish or two that we know will make the rest of the family giggle.

My brother David has to be scolded, yelled at and pressured every year to get his list done. There is always an excuse why he doesn't have time to do his list (this year I'm sure being his brand spankin' new girlfriend!). Finally, yesterday he finished his list. The hilarious thing was, as we read the items off his list, it sounded more and more like a prayer request list than a Christmas shopping list! A few of his wishes were for me to get married (which would definitely require a miracle), for my other brother to lose weight (another miracle needed! lol!) and for a big stack of greenbacks to finally hit his wallet (a miracle already in the making).



So, while everyone is mailing their lists to Santa this year, I propose we take David's list and mail it to the Miracle Worker. You know, the One who this season is really all about....

A Skinny Peter? Now that would make this holiday worth celebrating! LOL!

Well David, for your sake, I hope you get all your wishes from your list, especially the ones I'd benefit from!


Amen.

Q.C.

1 comment:

The Daily Bee said...

So not fair! lol!

All I got was "Deborah... well she's funny". Who wants to be funny? I'd rather be a size, well, 10 and have a load of loot. Oh yes and maybe get married.... to Colin Firth... Why couldn't he wish/pray for these things?