Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks



Doesn't the word "thanks" seem so inadequate
when it comes to the true meaning of thankfulness?



The one thing above all that I can say I am thankful for everyday (and consciously acknowledge every day) ... is that for some unknown reason to me, God has chosen to keep me from myself, the world & the enemy. I see others who walked a path similar to mine and became caught in the world and their own carnality. So now, their eyesight is poor, their motives cloudy and their joy gone.

Now I am far, very far, from being a saint of any kind. There is no one perfect but God himself.

But to see the times that I had fallen and somehow got back up... to look back at my failures and mistakes and still be able to look toward a bright and promising future... even to see the flaws in my present state... and know that I am still a usable vessel.... how do you say thanks? True gratitude of this magnitude is completely incomprehensible.

So in this case, today, I am hoping with crossed fingers that the saying "less is more" will work in my favor.

There are not enough words to express what Thanksgiving means in 2006 to me. The blessings that this year has brought, the trials that have made me stronger, the chastisements that have kept me on the straight and narrow path, and above all, the friendship that I've found in You Lord....



To sum it all up...
To God Be The Glory

I love you Lord.
Queen Cat





No comments: