Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving at its Best....

Oh Happy Turkey Day .. Oh Happy Turkey Day!!!

So much to write about and the day is only half over... but I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and reflect on this year a little...

One thing that really sticks out in my mind are the friends I've made this past year... Now that I look back, I've met some amazing people this year. And none in the conventional way! There are people that I've met along the way this year that have found a way into my heart like my blogger buddies... friends of friends that I've met on facebook or myspace or blogger... people whom I've worked with and stayed in touch for once.. ha ha ha. Friends from the past who have either found me or I found them again after more than 10 years of separation. Even long distance cousins whom I've built a new friendship with... there are even people I would consider my friend that I've never even met in person...

Friends are the people you can run to when your family is driving you crazy! Friends are the people who make you laugh and hug it out when you feel like crying. Or the people who compliment and cheer you on with sincere enthusiasm. Or the people who can drop you a word of encouragement without needing to know the whole story....

I love these people. If you are reading this, you are probably one of them.

So today, as I thank God for my family and my life and all His bountiful blessings, I say a very extra special Thank You for Friendship... I've never valued it quite like I do today and I sincerely appreciate all those who call me friend.

Also, to all my tried and true old friends... having all these new friends has taken me back to the beginning of our friendships and if I've never said thank you before, I want you to know that I know what it takes to put up with me and I don't think there are words to adequately show you my love and appreciation for sticking by me at all times. So simply today, Thanksgiving... Thank You.

I love you all and wish you bountiful baskets of blessings this season...

The Queen.

1 comment:

The Daily Bee said...

Great Thanksgiving post! You have been the social butterfly this year.

Am I one of your friends? Hahaha! More like the family you want to run away from! Ha!