Friday, December 19, 2008

Wintery Days in Southern California, Christmas Photoshoots and Christmas Decor...


I had nothing Christmasy on here I thought I would just post some pictures taken recently during this holiday season...



So yes, it really does snow in Southern California... granted it's way up in the San Bernardino Mountains (Home to Lake Arrowhead, Arrow Bear and Big Bear City, Big Bear Lake and Bladwin Lake (where our mountain house is located.)) ... but the spectacular scenery alone makes the drive to work on a clear crisp morning so very enjoyable! Here's some pictures taken a couple of days ago ...




Rainy Days

Very SoCal! Palm Trees and Snowy Mountains...



In the left hand mid corner there is a church steeple.. that's the famous Crystal Catherdral where they have Glory of Christmas playing nightly....


~~~~


So! I finally decorated my office today... I've been under the weather and haven't felt like doing much, but finally felt festive enough to get things decorated... now I feel so much more cheery sitting here at my desk for 8 hours a day!! I've been with this company for over 4 years and have spent 5 christmases with them... and these are the SAME decorations from every year! Next year I vow to get new decorations!! (I just keep arranging them differently so it feels new and fresh. Ha!)















I wish my computer screen was magic and I could jump in and be there by the fire with all that beautiful decor and ambience!














My pitiful little tree... ha ha ha















A little vintage twist of my office...















He's so cute and round... (o:

~~~~

As is becoming our custom, the siblings went off to an exotic, amazing gorgeous location to take their annual Christmas photo for the folks.... okay, so it was a local regional park.... still, it was pretty amazing. I think we all managed to get behind the camera at least once, with many of us in FRONT of the camera more often than not... (okay, so we are somewhat of the "ham" variety when it comes to picture time!) Well, the scenery really shines through and we all really liked the pictures. And, believe it or not, we did not coordinate our outfits! We just naturally all picked something similar... I guess that's how strong our bond is as a family... ha ha ha.



















My Sister-in-law Sonia and I... vamping it up (accidentally of course!)


















My best friend and cousin, Eileen & I
















Peter and I on a bridge... apparently holding on for dear life for some reason... ha ha ha















The Clan - Sonia, Peter, Catherine, Deborah & David....


What a wonderful morning that was.. the memories alone were worth more than the picture (which is apparently worth 1,000 words....) ... (o:



Until next time, I hope everyone is wrapping up their Christmas shopping and getting ready to enjoy the best reason for the season - LOVE.


tootles!

The Queen..

5 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Ah... Christmas is here... Catherine finally decorated! lol At least your office looks 100 times better than mine. It looks like Christmas threw up in here.

The Rowell Bunch said...

Your pics came out really cute!

Love Ya,

The Rowell Bunch

Becky said...

Loooove your picture tradish of taking the family pictures. Your folks will be pleased for sure.

Hope you all have a great Christmas...a wonderful celebration of Jesus' birth!

Jason and Mari Rowell said...

I love the computer screen pix :-)

Don't be too hard on yourself...we went to the park for our family pixs too!!

Happy New Year!!!

Mari

Queen Catherella said...

Deb.. ha ha ha you crack me up... maybe you should have shared some of your pepto bismal with your office... lol

Nicole, Becky & Mari, thanks for the comments! I know this is a little (very) late... but happy holidays...er, I mean, hope they WERE happy! (o: