Monday, October 27, 2008

Tiffany & Co.


Well... the day has come.

And not in any way that we would have expected it.


Tiffany, our beloved, old lady, almost 18 year old doggie has returned to her creator. I believe with all my heart that she was designed and created especially for our family. It never really dawned on me before, but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that God does bless us with special creations just for us. Tiffany wasn't meant for any other family. She was a perfect fit. I always said that Love was what keep her going all these years. She exceeded her life expectation by a large margin and I think God just knew that we weren't ready to part with her yet...


As she got older and started to act elderly, we struggled with the best course of action for her life. What to do, what to do? She wasn't sickly or terminally ill. She had aches in her joints, her eyesight wasn't what it used to be, she never made it to the grass anymore and her hearing was about shot. But, that was no reason to put her down.


Well, last night, when we came home from church, Deb (poor poor Deb) happened to glance up the main street a bit and saw her, lying on the curb. Hit by a car. Gone.


We will never understand how that happened. She never left our house area, even though we gave her free range and never locked her in the back yard or anything. She could hardly walk because of her arthritis and the main street is very far from our house. (a good 700 or so feet.)


My parents say that they think she knew her time was coming and ran away from home (as animals will do that ... they go off by themselves to die). My mom had just fed her about 20 minutes before, so she was so shocked and sad.


We called my brother, David and he got to the house and just wept and wept. Peter (Tiffany was really his dog), cried like a baby. We loved her for 18 years and now she's gone. Now what? There's a doggie shaped hole in our hearts today...


Tiffany, dooters, boone, tiffbutt, boonsters, ---- you brought sunshine into our lives. Thank you Lord for such a precious gift. It's a blessing that we will be thankful for forever.


Deb wrote a post about Tiffany back in August called, It's A Dog's World

In it she said, "Our family dog, Tiffany, has to be the greatest dog that ever lived. I am not being bias, I am telling you, she really is the greatest dog and if you had a chance to meet her you would think so... Soon she will be gone and that may be one the hardest things, she's been our family for more than half my life. She still is the greatest dog alive."


Deb, you are so right on both points... Tiffany was the GREATEST dog that ever lived and it IS one of the hardest things, to say goodbye.


Goodbye Tiffany! I love you!


Q.C.

5 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

sweet post to our Tiff-girl. It hurts.

Jenster said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Eileen Garcia said...

Awww...Tiffy!! That's what I would call her. Awww..she was a very good dog. She will always be remembered.

Purely Sony said...

Awww Tiffany...that is such a sweet picture of her, I love that picture. What a sweet post about the dooters...I miss her...

Becky said...

Awww, man, I'm getting all choked up just reading your and Deb's posts, and I never met Tiffy...except, that is, when she commented on Raisin's blog-jacking last Christmas. (;

I believe you're right...she was selected for you all. God knew where that little critter would get the very best care and made sure she got to you. And to have lived nearly 18 people years? That's a looong and happy life for a dog!