Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A-Buuuhhhhhh!!

Something is attached to me.

It's pretty big and very noticeable.

Well noticeable to everyone but me.

It's right there facing me every time I'm in front of a mirror, yet, I never see it.

Lately it has come to my attention, just due to the sheer volume of self photos I've been posting on either facebook or myspace or EA or myworld.... too many social networks if you ask me. But seeing myself so much lately has made me notice things that I normally just look right past... hello double chineage and hello facial fuzz! But the one thing I've never stopped to even wonder about has got my attention.

Yes, that would be my birthmark. right there on my neck. for all to see.


















Since I've had it my whole life, I never even see it anymore. Not too long ago when I was filming my screen test the director had the audacity to ask me if we could cover it up with makeup! I asked him, WHY??? He said, because it's distracting, when I look at you all I see is your birthmark. Pppsshhwww! Of course, it's too dark, so what makeup we had did nothing but lighten it and make it look more like bruise. Greeaaaat.

Little kids call it a "bug". "Oh, kill the bug! kill the bug!" they'd say as they poke at my neck, scratching and clawing at me, trying to save my life.

They've even specified the type of bug.
The most common bug?
The Roach.
Oy Vey!

Others say it looks a necklace pendant.
Some call it a beauty mark while others call is "guaca-Mooooole-ay"!
Some have said..."ooooh, sexy!" while others go, "eewwww, caca!" (seriously, I've had someone say that!)

But I love my "mark". I was born with it, and I don't think I'd be me without it. I've come to appreciate it's uniqueness....

...and be thankful every day that it's not on my forehead!



~Q.Cat

1 comment:

The Daily Bee said...

BWAAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHA!!!

I don't notice it anymore either... my first thougt was, "Is she talking about her bootie?" Abhuuuuuuuu!