Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pursuit












The pursuit of "happiness" sounds so divine. I mean, if there was an actual road that led to happiness, it would be more traffic jammed than the 405 at 5 o"clock on a work day.


Now, when I say Happiness, I use that loosely. What I really mean is contentment, calm assurety and joy that comes knowing you are, at that exact moment, exactly where you need to be.


The thing that gets me, is that no one ever tells you that you have to pack light, you can only take essentials and that the saying "you can't have it all" actually has some truth to it.


I find as I pursue my goals and as I pursue contentment and God's perfect will for my life, I have to pack light. I can't take too much with me and some old habits, old relationships, old connections, well, they have to be left behind. Don't get me wrong, I work hard at trying to live life that is pleasing to God (and I fail miserably all the time), but in order to get to where I want to go, I've got to let some other things go and watch them drift off into a sea of good memories.


The pursuit of happiness is a road of sadness, a road of goodbyes and a road of change. It's also a road of excitement, of anticipation and faith .... and as you say goodbye to yesterday, your life, as you know it now, is gone with the wind.


Thank God there is another wind blowing, bringing in new opportunity, new adventure, new passions....


I am a lone traveller, walking a straight line... and knowing.... there's always more up ahead to pursue... and enjoying the journey. But can I just say that it's not always easy. In fact it's hard. I get so comfortable where I am at. It's easy to maintain what I've already built. To start over again is tough. But, I've got to do it... I've compassed this mountain long enough.


It's like Christmas, birthdays, surprises and a new relationship all rolled into one. I have no clear idea what lies ahead, except I know that it's nothing but good, because it comes from God himself. I just have to keep walking.



The Q...




No comments: