Friday, January 23, 2009

100th Post, & Patience....

I tried to keep track of when my 100th post would come up and then life just carried me away and I forgot all about it! So even though this is 105, I want to just stop and commemorate reaching 100.

When I first started blogging, I had a very different viewpoint of how I would go about writing about my life. I have had a lot of fun sharing facts, fiction, opinions & feelings with whomever was willing to read it.

I generally love to give my viewpoint anyways, so a blog is right up my alley. But then I didn't keep up with like I should... that's my procrastination side of me. LOL. Regardless, here I am with, finally, 100+ posts in the bag.

I'll try to make sure there are plenty more where these came from!

So today for my post I wanted to talk about impatience.

I'm a very internalizing type of person. Not many people get a chance to really know how I'm feeling deep down inside. I seem to manage my emotions best when I keep them to myself. Some people have to talk things out. That is not me. I need to let them stew and sit inside as I look them over and try to figure them all out. Every once in a while they will boil over and spew all over the unlucky victim at the time, but for the most part, I'm a pretty even keeled person.

So back to impatience. I've noticed even more lately how impatient I've become. I can't tell you the conversations I've had with people who try my patience. Of course, they would never know because those conversations are all in my head! I am impatient for an event to happen, I'm impatient for time to pass, for the results to come in, for someone to spit out a sentence. For someone to figure out what they want to do. For the phone to ring. For food to finish cooking. For stoplights to turn green. I tell you. It's bad. It's something I know I need to work on, but I get too impatient to let the process take place. Yes, it's a vicious circle.

Internally, I groan and complain and let whatever is going on around me pass me by. I want to stop and smell the roses. To take time to enjoy or live in the moment. My pastor spoke about being in the desert place (like when the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness). That we shouldn't scorn that place in our lives. It's a place of preparation for things to come. A place of growing and learning. I used to think that being in a desert place in life (when nothing is happening or things aren't coming to fruition like they should) was a bad thing. That I did something wrong... but now, I realize that the only way to get to where I want to go, is through the desert. But, impatient me wants to run, not walk, even fly through that stage of life and get to the next place quickly. I'm starting to realize that this would only handicap me once I got there, and I would not be able to handle all that is in store for me. Lord help me achieve the virtue of patience.

I've been in the desert. I do want to get to the promised land. But I guess I should stop, relax and look at the scenery. There's nothing like a desert sunset. And the stars shine so much brighter in the desert! I know the dreams I have are just beyond the horizon, if I'm patient enough to survive the desert long enough to get there....


The Q.

2 comments:

Purely Sony said...

Congratulations on 100 posts!!! YAY! Can't wait to read the next 100! (AND...can't wait to see where you will be on your 200th post... :O)

Enjoy the Journey sista! :) Great post btw!

The Daily Bee said...

I thought I posted on this one... apparently not. Happy 100th!! Interested to see what comes out of the next 100...