Friday, September 07, 2007

Ups and Downs


It's September and I can't believe how much has happened since January. I look back at my posts at the beginning of the year and the anticipation I had for the next 12 months. I knew deep down that this year would be extraordinary.... but in my mind, the extraordinary events were very different from what has actually happened.


So far, it's been a year of ups and downs... to the greatest of extremes. I've lost love ones, I've had love ones start their journey back home, I've dealt with fear, faith, doubt, love, hate, excitement, despair. And I can honestly say, I am stronger for it all.


The most recent ups and downs include two current events in my life....


I'm so disappointmet that there are people who I thought would never ever be out of my life that have decided to go down a different path in life. Unfortunately for them, I'm not the one who is going to lose.... I will remain steadfast and I will be blessed beyond compare for it. Just watch and see.


And I am encouraged to see someone in my life make an effort to right the wrongs that they've done that have hurt themselves, and me in the process. It may be a long road, but just the fact that there is progress is something that just a few short weeks ago seemed unthinkable.


Miracles still happen.


In spite of disappointments and encouragements, life still trudges on.... and I get up every morning, wondering what the day will bring and thanking God for every day He has made... I will rejoice and be glad in it!



Lord, fill me with a fire that burns away my doubts and all my fears into a place where you are all I hear... it's the one thing I desire...


Queen Catherella

No comments: